Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Quilt 2012: Blocks 6 & 19

I made blocks 6 and 19! I made 6, because I had a gaping hole in my list of blocks yet to make, so I made block 6. It was a cute little block. It uses foundation piecing, which was my first time doing strip piecing with that method. It was challenging for me, in particular because I could not press my seams open. The resulting block turned out quite cite. The unfinished size was 6 x 6, which is a strange size... We will see how it turns out. Here is the link to the tutorial.


I chose to make block 19, because I wanted to make the last huge block. The finished size is 14.5 x 18.5. Here is a link to the tutorial.


I need to get a picture of all the blocks together. I really like how they are turning out! I am done with 10/19. So probably no way I can finish by Christmas, but maybe for Russian Orthodox christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment