Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bungle Jungle Tumbler

Let's take a break from the regularly scheduled Christmas sewing, because as promised, I have a few finished projects to show!

I finished a while back a baby quilt for a good friend, using by AccuQuilt Go! It was quite amazing, because all of cutting out took me about an hour! The tumbler I used was 6.5", and I made a mistake of getting 2 layer cakes. As a result I had a lot of scraps. I think if I use that die again, I will get fat eights, because then I will be able to cut 3 per FE, and save some $$!

This quilt was made using the Bungle Jungle collection for Moda by Tim and Beck. Isn't it just perfect for a baby boy?


Here it is:


Here are a few more shots we got outside! (Enjoy all the natural lighting ;)






For quilting, I essentially followed the tumbler shape, about 1" from the seam. The quilting lines go only top to bottom, so it was a breeze to quilt as well. Pretty sure I will make some more of these, especially since I have the dye! My mom told me she prefers the back actually... Thanks, mom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment